大家正在读什么书?

Do you write principally for a Chinese or English audience?

The main reader I write for is still Chinese. I’m constantly thinking how my books could be published in China [where they are mostly banned], even if they were censored or changed. Red Dust and The Noodle Maker were both published in China, but under a different name and heavily censored.

I write all of my books in Chinese, and they are then translated into English. I think that if a foreigner reads a Chinese novel, he or she can gain an entirely new experience of life from his or her own. To understand a different culture is like to understand a different language – you gain a lot of new wisdom.

What advantage is there to writing about China from the outside?

It’s precisely because I have left China that I understand China better. I see more facets of China, and have better information about it. I don’t know if writers inside China can climb the great firewall [of internet censorship], for instance – and their information influences the way in which they think. In China, your understanding of history and of the wider world is very different. So I think I understand China better from England, because I see more than one side to the story and know how unfree it is.

很久没买旧书,昨天淘回来两本。

1 个赞

最近看了the song of fire and ice 第一本,刚开始第二本

太爱了

2 个赞

比电视剧好看对吧

好多了,停不下来。我看完第一本后又翻出电视来看了第一季一集,顿时觉得电视拍得好乏味

最近一直看文献,挺好,当真空地带

1 个赞

同爱。
有兴趣还可以对照玫瑰战争来看

大推!!太好看了。。。。